Self-care will have different meaning for each of us but whatever it means to you, it’s so important that you purposefully do it. Each of our b|A team members have weighed in with their skincare routines and some pro tips that we want to share with you.
Leslie Petersen, Nurse Practitioner
I’m staying positive by realizing that being mandated to stay at home means I get to spend time my daughter, Maxine, that I would not otherwise. Try to look for the silver lining when you’re feeling down about the current situation. For skincare I have normal to dry skin, lots of freckles, and occasional hormonal breakouts, so here is my routine-
- AM Skincare: Drink lots of water when I wake up, Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Epionce Intense Defense Serum, Epionce Facial Renewal Cream, Epionce Tinted Sunscreen (this is my absolute favorite product!).
- PM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Intense Defense Serum, if I’m breaking out I apply iS Clinical Active Serum, Epionce Renewal Facial Cream.
*Pro Tip: My hands started to get dry with the massive amounts of hand-washing that I have been doing. So I had the bright idea to put an Epionce Restorative Hand Cream next to the sink.
Staying fit is another important piece of your overall health and a must for self-care. If I have a bad attitude I make myself workout, and once I get moving I feel so much better… EVERY TIME. Activity does wonders for your body and your mind. Make a small goal for yourself and take steps to achieve it everyday.
Kim Bickly, Licensed Esthetician
These are strange times we are living in right now. We have been forced to slow down, and take time for ourselves, which is actually a good thing. For me, I am usually doing other people’s facials and giving skin care advice and have a tough time making time to do those things for myself. So now I have added a few extra products into my regime consisting of Epionce, iS Clinical, and SkinMedica products.
- AM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Epionce Purifying Toner, Epionce Lytic Sport, iS Clinical Pro Heal, Epionce Renewal Eye Cream, SkinMedica HA5, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion, Epionce Tinted Sunscreen (even when its cloudy).
- PM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser 2x, Epionce Purifying Toner, Epionce Lytic Sport, iS Clinical Active Serum, Epionce Spot Treatment if needed, iS Clinical Youth Eye Cream, Epionce Intensive Nourishing Cream, Latisse.
I have added other things like Patchology sheet masks a few nights a week, Tri-Active exfoliating mask once or twice a week, and my favorite- Epionce’s Enriched firming mask. It really calms, soothes, and hydrates my skin, giving me that glow I always want. My skin has also been loving wearing no makeup. Which reminded me that this is the perfect time to deep clean my makeup brushes.
Continuing to make yourself and your skin care a healthy habit is so important. Drink your extra water, get some fresh air when you can, wash your hands, and don’t touch your face… unless they are clean and there is skin care product on your hands!
Gina Faruzzi, Nurse Practitioner
Over the past month, the majority of us have been out of our normal daily routine. I have found it extremely important to keep up my daily routine as much as possible, including my skincare regimen. My skin has been appreciating the lack of makeup and extra time I have been able to spend on my home skincare.
- AM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Epionce Purifying Toner, Epionce Lytic Sport/Tx, iS Cinical Super Serum Advanced, Epionce Melanolyte Tx, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion Lite, Epionce Renewal Eye Cream, Epionce Daily Shield SPF.
- PM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Epionce Purifying Toner, iS Cinical Active Serum, Epionce Melanolyte Serum, Epionce Melanolyte Tx, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion Lite, iS Clinical Youth Eye.
I have been diligent not only about my daily skincare routine, but also using my at-home skincare devices, such as my NuFace and the Acne LightStim. I have been cleansing with my Clarisonic and exfoliating with iS Clinical Tri-Active Exfoliating Masque a few times per week. In addition, the Patchology Eye Gels have been great to wear around the house while cleaning or working from home.
Megan Reider, Nurse Practitioner
It seems as if these past few weeks have been slow and tedious, yet the days go by as fast as ever. I crave schedule and structure, so our days have been just that. My husband is an essential worker so he has been away and I’ve had my hands full with two little ones. We have actually been very busy around the house, but I always make time for taking care of my skin twice a day, exercise, and of course healthy eating!
- AM Skincare: Cleanse, Epionce Lytic TX (wait 5 minutes), Epionce Intense Defense, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion, Epionce Renewal Eye Cream, Epionce Tinted SPF 50.
- PM Skincare: Cleanse, Epionce BalancingToner, Epionce Lytic TX (wait 5 minutes), iS Clinical Active Serum, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion, Epionce Renewal Eye Cream.
Here are few other tips I’ve found work well for me- I will add SkinMedica HA5 as needed when my face needs extra hydration. Any excess product on my fingers, after face application, I will gently apply to my neck and décolleté. While being active outside, try to wear a hat for added UV protection.
Corinne Case, Physician Assistant
I’m sure most of us are trying to make the best of this hectic time… with skin care being no exception. I am trying to keep up healthy dietary and exercise goals but also maintain a skin routine to keep me looking and feeling my best!
I have a similar routine as Megan with twice a day wash, toner and products like lytic treatment and active serum.
AM/PM Skincare: Cleanse, tone and moisturize, PLUS…
- iS Clinical Tri-Exfo Mask 1-2 times a week,
- LightStim Acne facial light 5+ times a week (30 mins),
- Latisse every other night (1 drop in the cap applied to both eyelids/lashes),
- Washing my sheets and pillow cases weekly,
- Washing makeup brushes every 1-2 weeks depending on use,
- Epionce tinted SPF 50 daily.
The iS Clinical Active Serum is amazing for helping keep skin clear and fighting the aging process but, if you are someone with a mindset of “more is better” like me, remember that more than a few drops can cause breakouts. I like to make sure my face and hands are clean and apply 3 drops of Active Serum into my palm and apply. I then add one spray of Hydra Cool by iS Clinical, their hydrating serum, layered evenly to avoid wasting any precious product!
Heather Hatch, Registered Nurse
There’s not much that is same-as-usual these past few weeks- no work, home schooling, no shopping or going out of any kind. Getting used to this new schedule has been quite an adjustment but I’m trying to stay positive and productive. I am reading a few books that have sitting on my shelves and starting a scrap book project. One thing that keeps things somewhat normal is my skin care.
- AM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Epionce Balancing Toner, Lytic TX, Epionce Intense Defense Serum, Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion, Epionce Tinted SPF. (I would usually then do my makeup but I am giving myself a rest from this and my skin is thanking me!)
- PM Skincare: Epionce Lytic Gel Cleanser, Lytic TX, iS Clinical Active Serum (my ultimate favorite product!), Epionce Renewal Eye Cream, Epionce Renewal Facial Cream or Intensive Nourishing Cream depending on how dry I feel.
Sometimes I will add an extra drop of Active Serum to my nose as this is my problem area. I am prone to sebaceous filaments and this is the only at home thing that will keep them at bay. Once a week I will use my iS Clinical Tri-Active Exfoliating Masque which feels great and leaves my skin ultra-soft and renewed.
Every chance I get for a little extra me time I love to use Patchology products- FlashMasque Hydrate, FlashPatch Hydrating Lip Gels, and FlashPatch Illuminating Eye Gels. Oh, and I can’t forget my Lip Service lip gloss. I have one that lives in my bag, one in my car and one on my night stand. This is a great lip gloss that turns into a balm and truly lasts all day or night.
Linda Miller, Medical Assistant
While being stuck at home my daughters and I are doing everything we can to keep our skin healthy and vibrant. I am a firm believer that a combination of diet, exercise and skincare products are what keep you looking young. We are are also big on drinking plenty of water. I feel like when I am dehydrated my skin loses its glow. We have been making sure to get outside everyday since Vitamin D is very important to keeping the skin looking healthy.
My youngest daughter, Taylor (14), is a competitive dancer and it wreaks havoc on her skin. She has been getting monthly facials from Kim for 8 months now and, along with her home skincare regimen, we been able to keep her skin looking great. I wanted to share a breakdown of her routine for any parents reading this who’s child also has athletic interests-
- AM Skincare: Clarisonic Mia with Epionce Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Epionce Purifying Toner, Epionce Lytic Tx, Renewal Facial Lotion, Epionce Spot Treatment (as needed), Epionce Tinted SPF 50
- PM Skincare: Epionce Purifying Body Wash, Clarisonic Mia with Epionce Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Epionce Purifying Toner, iS Clinical Active Serum, Epionce Spot Treatment (as needed).
Diet is the other thing I have been able to focus on while being home. I ordered a food processor and have been finding heathy recipes online. It has been a lot of fun! If you love berries like we do, they have tons of antioxidants and strawberries can stimulate collagen fibers which helps in keeping skin smooth and radiant looking.
Brittany Petersen, Office Manager
During the past few weeks I have been taking time to really focus on myself and my home. It is really easy to slide into a lazy slump (which I still do some days!) but I am trying to stay active to keep my body and brain healthy. I love organizing and I am always doing so at beyond|AESTHETICS but I don’t always have time to do it at home. I have been taking a day and tackling one area in my house. My skincare routine has always been a priority to me, especially now, and here are my must-haves…
- AM Skincare: Epionce Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Lytic Tx, Intensive Nourishing Cream, Epionce Tinted SPF.
- PM Skincare: Epionce Gentle Foaming Cleanser, Lytic Tx, Intensive Nourishing Cream, iS Clinical Youth Eye Cream
With the recent changes in weather, I have noticed my skin is a bit dehydrated so I have been using SkinMedica HA5 (different than a moisturizer). I also have been doing fun Patchology masks and eye gels when I feel I need some extra pampering. Since I am not going anywhere and makeup is not in my morning routine anymore, I just throw on a little Epionce Tinted Sunscreen and mascara and I feel put-together enough for my FaceTime chats!