By now, you may have heard we recently added the DermaSweep MD procedure to our treatment menu. In this post, I’d like to tell you about the features and benefits of DermaSweep and why we are so excited to be offering it in our practice. For a completely non-invasive treatment that can be done in half an hour by our clinically trained esthetician, there is probably no greater value for visible results that can be achieved after just one session.* Plus, our membership plan provides an economical way to maintain beautifully healthy skin year-round.*
The DermaSweep treatment is an innovative system that has customizable options to fit virtually anyone’s unique skin issues. It’s a 2-step process that starts with choosing the right bristled treatment tip and precise vacuum pressure to literally “sweep” away dead skin cells. We call this the “dry pass.” The second part of the treatment is the infusion. We choose a specific solution depending on your skin’s needs and irrigate the targeted area. Because we’ve already removed the dead skin, the solution is able to penetrate the underlying skin more effectively. This is the “wet pass.”
This 2-step process is actually combining 3 therapies into 1 treatment. First, the vacuum used in both the dry and wet pass increases circulation to the skin. This aides in the exchange of oxygen and nutrients to the dermal layer. It also increases lymphatic drainage and creates controlled dermal injury which is necessary to form new collagen. Next, the special medical-grade bristle tips provide excellent micro-resurfacing for more effective and comfortable exfoliation of the stratum corneum (the nasty, old, dead, top layer of skin).
This superior exfoliating technique stimulates fibroblasts within the skin which creates a thicker and robust epidermis. Why does this matter? With a healthier epidermis, the skin is more resistant to minor trauma and environmental pollutants. The final infusion step is done with clean, paraben-free solutions that we choose based on your skins needs and your overall treatment goals.
Not only does DermaSweep improve overall skin health, even if you already have nice skin, but it effectively treats a wide variety of skin problems:*
- Improves texture, smoothness, and brightens the skin*
- Improves appearance of fine lines and wrinkles*
- Hyperpigmentation reduction*
- Rejuvenation of skin health by increasing blood circulation to the dermis*
- Reduces acne scarring*
- Improves photo damage, typically with a series 3-6 PeelFusions*
- Reduces acne blemishes and controls oily skin*
- Improves skin laxity and early signs of aging*
- It’s even safe for sensitive skin and delicate skin such as around the eyes*
The DermaSweep procedure is customized for each patient and depends on several factors. We assess how healthy your skin is in order to determine which bristle tip should be used. If your skin is very sensitive or fragile, we would choose a fine to medium bristle tip to do your procedure. If you’re a seasoned skin care veteran (i.e. have had chemical peels/lasers/microneedling etc.) then we may start your treatments with a medium to coarse bristle tip. Once the correct tip is chosen, we need to choose the right infusion solution for your skin. There are 3 categories of infusions that can be done individually or in combination:
- EpiFusions: Exfoliating, Hyperpigmentation, Hyaluronic Acid, and Vitamin C. These solutions are excellent for skin that is generally healthy and has mild sun damage or dehydration.
- PremiumFusions: NuCell, Red Carpet Ready, and Clarify. These are great for a more aggressive anti-aging or acne treatment. We recommend both the NuCell and Red Carpet Ready solutions for patients who want their skin to be absolutely glowing for an event.
- PeelFusions: TCA (Trichloroacetic Acid) in 3 different strengths based on how aggressive the treatment needs to be.I’ve personally just finished a series of 3 PeelFusions immediately followed by a NuCell infusion and I am so happy with how my skin looks. It’s definitely improved my sun damage significantly but it’s also made my skin healthy enough to not wear makeup!
You may be wondering which treatment is right for you because they all sound amazing, but that’s where our expertise comes in. We will assess and create a treatment plan that’s right for your specific needs.
We can further boost the results from your DermaSweep treatment by including an IPL Photofacial or Microneedling session, addressing tough problems like broken capillaries and severe sun damage. I’ll leave that for another post, but if you’re interested just ask about it during your next visit!
*As with any aesthetic treatment, individual results may vary.