This month we are focusing on our commitment to helping you get and maintain healthy, glowing skin through your home skincare regimen and through routine professional treatments.*
Has it been a while since you felt your skin was in the best shape it could possibly be? People often make the mistake of thinking that great skin comes from simply using readily available drug store products and perhaps having a facial a couple times per year. Unfortunately, as our skin ages and is exposed to various damaging elements, it takes longer and longer for the process of cellular turnover to occur. When skin cell turnover begins to slow, dead skin cells build up in the outer most layers of the epidermis. This leads to dull, unhealthy looking skin.
Steps to getting and maintaining healthy skin have to include essentials like eating a healthy diet, drinking enough water and wearing sunscreen, but I recommend a few other essentials for optimizing your skin’s appearance:
1. Get monthly facials. Seek a skin care specialist who utilizes medical grade products and techniques throughout your facial. These products have a higher concentrations of quality ingredients providing superior results for your skin.* Simple, “froofy” facials may be nice and relaxing, but typically won’t do much for you in the way of cellular exfoliation.
2. Consider adding a chemical peel or microdermabrasion to your facial every 2 to 3 months. Both peels and microderms offer excellent exfoliation for the dead, dull layer of cells on the surface of the skin. Peels range from very mild enzymes that refresh the skin to full blown facial shedding.
3. Add medical grade products to your daily skincare regimen. Using the right products at home is just as important as having a facial with similar products. Here is a great article discussing how to increase the effectiveness of your skin care regimen.
4. Use a Clarisonic brush daily. This device uses sonic energy at a rate of 300 movements per second to thoroughly clean your skin. A Clarisonic cleans your face significantly better than simply using your fingers or even a washcloth for that matter.* Not only does this make your skin feel delightfully clean, but it’s helping to exfoliate the dead skin cells that we talked about earlier. This allows for products to penetrate more effectively.
5. Now that you’ve put some time and effort into your skin, you want to protect your investment. Sunscreen is an absolute must in any skincare regimen and not all sunscreens are created equal. You should choose one that has zinc oxide as it’s primary component because it’s actually reflecting the harmful UV rays away from the skin. My personal favorite is Obagi’s Matte SPF 50 because it goes on clear and gives a great canvas for applying make-up. You also need to remember to reapply sunscreen every 2 hours when you’re out in the sun or after swimming or sweating.
Among other quality brands, we use SkinMedica® and Epionce® products for facials
and sell a variety of their at-home care products.
Beyond Aesthetics is here to help you get your skin looking the way you’ve always wanted, so this month we have specials of which you should definitely take advantage.
Our skin care specialists are here and ready to help you take your skin care to the next level.
*As with any aesthetic treatment, individual results may vary.